La Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest bank of the Luxembourg financial centre. Founded in 1856, BIL is a one of the biggest banking institutions in Luxembourg, major actor in Retail Banking with 40 agencies overall the country, privileged partner for SME’s, big companies and municipalities and the Centre of reference for the Private Banking in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
On behalf of our private banking teams in Luxembourg, we are currently recruiting a
Fund of Hedge Funds Analyst / Manager (M/F), based in Luxembourg.
The Analyst/Manager candidate has a deep understanding of fund of hedge funds’ investments either by working for a family office, by being part of a fund selection unit or by working for a fund of hedge funds. The candidate will analyze fund of hedge funds, establish and maintain an investment list for our clients’ portfolios in view of delivering an absolute return and will ensure the relevant investments. The candidate will become the corporate wide competence with regards to investments in fund of hedge funds.
Objectives and constraints:
– Share with other portfolio managers specific knowledge of Fund of hedge funds, and be our coporate competence for hedge fund investments.
– Ensure that the clients’ overall expectations are being met
– Ensure that the purchase list is compliant with our clients’ mandates and with our proprietary investment processes.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Analyse fund of hedge funds investments in tailor-made portfolios and initiate investments
- Enhance the overall competence by being a team player and by sharing your understanding of hedge funds in global markets
- Contribute to the development of the financial strategy via participation in investment committees, creation of investment cases (recommendations) on specific fund of hedge fund investments
- Provide technical assistance to BIL private bankers in their efforts to gain new private clients mandates.
Essential educational background and skills:
- License / Master: BAC +4/5, from a highly accredited university
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in portfolio management/investment analysis; excellent knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments, especially for fund of hedge funds.
- Languages: English, French both orally and in writing (other languages are a plus).
- Efficient in office tools with an emphasis on Excel, Access, know how of financial data providers (Bloomberg, Reuters, Lipper, Morning Star..); an understanding of various financial statistic softwares is appreciated.