||Melden Sie diesen Job Wenn Sie Bedenken bezüglich dieser Stellenanzeige haben, dann lassen Sie es uns bitte wissen|
At SES, we believe we can reach the unreachable!
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions?
Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government.
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane
- We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
SES Techcom Services is a Luxembourg-based subsidiary of SES. Leveraging on the technical expertise accumulated within the Group by operating satellites for almost 30 years, SES Techcom provides technical services to the Satellite Industry on a worldwide basis.
- In this position you will be responsible for the technical proposal and implementation of products and services utilizing SES Techcom Services satellite broadband platforms, including and not limited to satellite transponder selection, link budget analysis, network design, Service-Level-Agreement, Quality-of-Service profile definition and overall cost assessment.
- You will also be in charge of the coordination of Sales, Operations and Finance activities during the definition of new satellite broadband services, proactively suggesting alternative solutions and potential trade-offs during customer requirement analysis and contract negotiation.
- You will contribute to the management of SES Techcom Services satellite broadband assets by analysing and improving the performance of existing services, as well as proposing and assessing the technical and commercial feasibility of new services in coordination with Finance, Service Management, Sales & Marketing.
- Gather and analyse customer technical requirements in response to Sales requests.
- Evaluate and elaborate possible solutions based on SES Techcom Services available assets, products and services
- Draft technical proposals including, were required, work breakdown structure and implementation schedule, travel and equipment cost as well as engineering effort estimations
- Design network solution by selecting satellite and terrestrial network assets, analysing link budgets, researching and costing best suited customer premises equipment
- Support the future Service Managers in the definition of Service-Level-Agreements and leveraging satellite broadband platform features to maximize performance and reduce costs
- Engage with Finance, Sales and Service Management to perform cost/revenue analysis, evaluate risk and ensure profitability of the service
- Participate in collaboration with Sales in negotiations, proactively suggesting alternative solutions and potential trade-offs, persuading customers to accept a business perspective through effective communication
- Support and participate in the implementation of new broadband solutions
- Identify trends and forecast customer needs and recommend broadband platform changes to continually improve the customer offering; formulate and direct strategies to satisfy customer’s needs
- Exhibit proactively awareness and evaluate relevant technological developments, market trends, competitive factors, customer requirements and standardization licensing and regulatory aspects
Experience / Qualifications
- University Degree Telecommunication Engineering, Network Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in satellite networking, communication protocols and systems engineering.
- Experience in VSAT networks modelling and link budget analysis
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following satellite broadband platforms: Newtec, Gilat or iDirect
- Experience in communication network with emphasis on TCP/IP running over different physical media (IP routing protocols; SNMP; VPN; IP Multicast; mobile, wireless and satellite IP).
- Fluency in English and additional knowledge of another language of the EMEA region; any other language is considered as an asset
- Willing to travel internationally
- Proactive approach towards potential and/or current customers
- Understand customer business needs; translate them to functional and technical requirements
- Excellent relationship management skills driving the delivery of timely and effective solutions to meet customer needs
- Strong communication and influencing skills, persuading others to accept a business perspective through effective communication
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Personal skills: communication skills, analytical sense, coordination and priority setting facilities, problem perception, assessment and solving, autonomy and team work, flexibility and mobility
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Gehalt||A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.|
|Kategorie||Produktion / Ingenieurwesen, Telekommunikation, Analyse / Projektmanagement|
Bewerben Sie sich für diesen Job
|22.01.2017||Junior Software Engineer (m/f) (Fixed-Term)||Betzdorf|
|22.01.2017||Controller, Customer Service Delivery (m/f)||Betzdorf|
|20.01.2017||Engineer, Spectrum Tools Development C# Microsoft .NET (m/f)||Betzdorf|
|19.01.2017||Configuration Librarian (Service Asset & Configuration Management - SACM) (non-permanent 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|19.01.2017||(Senior) Engineer - Network Systems (m/f)||Luxembourg|
|19.01.2017||Controller - Spacecraft Operations (m/f)||Luxembourg|