||Melden Sie diesen Job Wenn Sie Bedenken bezüglich dieser Stellenanzeige haben, dann lassen Sie es uns bitte wissen|
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Technician, Station Support
The Technician, Station Support (SSG Team) covers the ground communications systems and power system operations on a 24/7 basis. The incumbent shall maintain and operate the SES ground assets in Betzdorf, Redu and other third party sites, with the main goal to provide uninterrupted communication with the satellites, and provide support to third party teleports that are contracted for TT&C and payload services. SSG acts as first line intervention to the Betzdorf power and HVAC systems during out-of-office hours and provide “hand and eyes” support to hosted customer equipment.
- Respond to any ground system anomaly that affects the communications traffic, TT&C, Orbit Determination or other measurement and analysis systems. Restore the service with the least possible delay
- Support Satellite and Communications Operations
- (Re)Configure the Betzdorf Teleport in order to provide backhaul, signal processing and uplink services to our customers
- Pro-actively maintain the Betzdorf and backup stations in an excellent state
- Perform various backup switching. Perform antenna verification and other tests
- Take responsibility for LEOP and spacecraft relocation operations
- Support various SES customers
- Take 1st line responsibility outside office hours for all systems including Power & HVAC
Experience / Qualifications
- Technical/Engineering degree in radio communications and/or electronics degree or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Earth Station systems, equipment and operations
- Strong RF knowledge (theoretical and practical)
- Strong knowledge of satellite reception principles
- Knowledge of DVB transmissions
- Knowledge of FM, PM and QPSK modulation
- Knowledge of TT&C and satellite operations would be an advantage
- Error-free performance in high stress situations
- Willingness to work on shift
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Strong team player
- Self-starter and strong customer focus
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Kategorie||Produktion / Ingenieurwesen, Technischer Support, Telekommunikation|
Bewerben Sie sich für diesen Job
|19.08.2017||Senior Manager, Affiliates Performance Management & NBU Support||Betzdorf|
|19.08.2017||Senior Specialist, Compensation & Benefits ( 12 month-contract)||Betzdorf|
|18.08.2017||Junior Engineer, Software (fixed-term contract, 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|18.08.2017||(Senior) Engineer, Systems Engineering (fixed-term contract, 2 years)||Betzdorf|
|17.08.2017||VP, Enterprise Effectiveness||Betzdorf|
|17.08.2017||Investor Relations Manager||Betzdorf|
|17.08.2017||Administrator, Procurement (Fixed-Term)||Betzdorf|
|17.08.2017||(Senior) Financial Control Analyst (fixed-term)||Betzdorf|