Luxembourg is an international hub for banking and asset management, in which demand for integrated international legal services from our corporate and institutional clients is growing. Our office is strong in investment funds, real estate, banking and finance, mainstream corporate, M&A, commercial and cross-border tax planning. Our lawyers work closely with our EU investigations and risk advisory teams. In addition to growing links with China and other Asian jurisdictions, Luxembourg has strong historical link to neighbouring Germany and France, with well-established connections to Canada, the US, Russia and all other major European countries.
The Norton Rose Fulbright Luxembourg office consists of a small, enthusiastic team that work closely with their international colleagues, and, being a new venture, offers its lawyers the opportunity to play an integral part in establishing the office and presence within the Luxembourg market.
In connection with our continued expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Mid-Level Corporate/M&A Lawyer in Luxembourg.
The successful candidate will:
- take an active role in providing tailor-made corporate advice and innovative solutions to major corporates, asset managers, Private Equity or hedge funds and pension plans
- be involved in strategic corporate, M&A, private equity and real estate transactions predominantly in a cross-border context involving multiple jurisdictions
- be asked to accompany clients in share- and asset deals (buy- and sell side) from due diligence to closing (involving the drafting and negotiation of complex share purchase agreements, joint-venture or shareholders agreements)
- be working on non-transactional mandates involving the set-up, conversion (domestically and internationally) and liquidation of Luxembourg vehicles as well as restructurings, intra-group (re)financings and corporate house-keeping assignments ; and
- be proactive, entrepreneurially spirited and keen to work in a close-knit team and an international environment
Skills and Experience Required
- You must hold a university degree in business law (first state exam in Germany, Master 2 from Belgium, Luxembourg or France), ideally completed by a post-graduate degree in business law, business administration or finance (école de commerce, LLM, MBA or alike) ;
- You must be an attorney registered with the Luxembourg bar or able to exercise under your foreign home title;
- You must have 3 to 5 years of working experience within a leading law firm in Luxembourg ;
- You must be fluent in English and French – German would be an asset; and
- You will be creative and would like to be part of a young and dynamic team while remaining able to work in an independent manner
- An attractive compensation depending on your experience; and
- Great career perspectives in a fast-growing international law firm and newly set-up office.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc and Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.