The Banque centrale du Luxembourg (BCL), member of the Eurosystem, is looking for a motivated candidate for the following position:
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS SPECIALIST (m/f)
Full time, - (ref. : IC1/17/2017)
Within the International Relations and Cooperation Section of the International Relations and Communications Department, you will contribute to the monitoring and analysis of matters pertaining to international financial institutions, notably the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Furthermore, you will support the Bank’s technical cooperation activities and oversee the Bank’s external relations.
- Drafting background briefings for the Governor’s bilateral and multilateral meetings;
- Monitoring and analysing matters pertaining to international financial institutions, notably the IMF;
- Contributing to the preparation of the Section’s work for ESCB/EU committee meetings (International Relations Committee and its Task Force on Central
- Bank Cooperation, Economic and Financial Committee and its Sub-Committee on IMF Matters);
- Supporting the BCL’s technical cooperation activities;
- Monitoring international economic developments and drafting macroeconomic country notes.
- Overseeing the BCL’s external relations, notably with other central banks and international financial institutions (IMF, BIS);
- Master’s-level university degree (or Ph.D.) in economics, political science or international relations with an excellent grasp of international economics;
- Work experience in a central bank or an international financial institution is considered an asset. The ability to contribute rapidly to the output of the section is crucial;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both orally and in writing), including the ability to draft clear and well-structured internal memoranda;
- Outstanding command of English. Knowledge of French and/or German is considered an advantage;
- Dynamic, flexible, and result-oriented team worker. Ability to work independently and efficiently, notably under tight time constraints, in a demanding international environment.
- A multicultural and stimulating work environment;
- A wide range of challenging tasks in the area of economics and finance;
- The opportunity to pursue a career in the national and European public interest.
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter, indicating the job reference, together with a detailed C.V. and copies of the diplomas you have obtained, at the latest by September 30th, 2017 via jobs.lu