Our client is international online brokerage firm which put in touch buyers and sellers, enabling economic opportunities.
In this position based in Luxembourg, the Sanctions Screening and AML Compliance Operations Manager will work with the EU legal entity and global businesses to meet certain International, European and US regulatory requirements. The manager will lead two teams - one based in Luxembourg, and one in Shanghai ensuring the accurate and efficient completion of certain compliance operations including Sanctions screening and onboarding processes such as CIP, KYC, and enhanced due diligence (EDD). The EU entity is licensed as a Payment Institution in Luxembourg and regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF).
The position is expected to implement program changes designed to mitigate risks associated with member onboarding, and sanctions screening, ensure regulatory compliance, and continue to improve operational efficiency. This position will manage teams reviewing and decisioning potential sanctions matches, and manually reviewing deferred KYC cases and completing EDD. The manager will be serve as a SME and advisor to teammates and a point of escalation for high risk onboarding referrals and potential sanctions match. Duties also include but are not limited to queue management and task reassignment, quality assurance, reporting, program management, process documentation and procedure creation, change control implementations, and training.
• Maintain procedures, SOPs, and process documentation related to member onboarding including CIP, KYC, EDD and Sanctions screening.
• Effectively assign, reassign, and monitor activities in employees' queues.
• Maintain knowledge of current applicable regulations including the EU Payment Services Directive (1&2), EU Money Laundering Directives, USA PATRIOT Act's, OFAC and non US Sanctions requirements, and CSSF licensing obligations.
• Successfully mitigate unnecessary impacts upon customers, and the business while ensuring all regulatory requirements are satisfied.
• Help implement proper controls to track and ensure the program meets regulatory and policy standards.
• Develop training documentation.
• Support analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
• Assist investigation of apparent breaches of regulation/compliance standards, make recommendations as appropriate and follow-up on implementation of corrective measures.
• Effective communication skills to productively present information and respond to questions from internal partners including legal and compliance, and external regulators.
• Assist in compiling investigative reports, and reviewing accounts with regulatory lens and reporting findings.
• Assist with other departmental tasks, such as supporting the creation of metrics, reporting, audits, testing, threshold analysis, and changes to thresholds.
• 7-10 years of AML and Sanctions screening operations, or regulatory compliance experience
• Demonstrated success as a people manager leading teams and managing projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Understanding of regulatory compliance applicable to sanctions screening, CIP, KYC including enhanced due diligence reviews, and transaction monitoring
• Strong technical and analytical reasoning skills
• CAMS or Luxembourg Certified Compliance Officer certification preferred
• Proficiency in more than one language is a plus, fluency in French is preferred
• Strong organizational knowledge and proven ability to work effectively in a cross‐functional environment is highly preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and superior judgment
If you think that your profile could match with this description, don't hesitate to apply!
Furthermore, if you know someone that could fit this position, don't hesitate to send us his/her updated CV and try to earn the 1.000 € reward!