Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Senior Specialist, Internal Communications
SES is seeking an dynamic communications professional to join the global Internal Communications team within the Human Capital department.
Located in the Company’s headquarters in Luxembourg or in our office in The Hague and reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, you will drive the development and delivery of our internal communications framework which aims to inform, engage and inspire our workforce across the globe. You will work closely with colleagues across the business to ensure that our employee base has a clear understanding of the company’s strategy, business and internal processes, enabling them to perform their work in an efficient, engaged and collaborative way.
- Ensure effective information flow to our multi-cultural workforce across the globe on the company’s objectives and strategic direction, its diverse business and the vision and values we share
- Develop and execute the internal communications strategy and tactics for defined internal customers to drive engagement and business results
- Advise and direct managers, business units, departments and locations in their needs to efficiently communicate with employees and execute upon agreed communications tactics
- Explore enhancements to existing communication channels and tools and propose new means to improve message penetration and drive employee engagement
- Manage projects to continously develop the Company’s Intranet and knowledge sharing platforms, supporting the development of SES into a ‘collaboration and knowledge sharing organisation’
- Plan and execute internal communications activities, including staff meetings and employee events
- Excellent general communication skills with ability to effectively interface with diverse internal customers
- Excellent English language writing skills - Versatility in executing various writing styles and voices, including journalistic and executive writing
- Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships of trust and respect across all levels of an organisation
- Team player with positive can-do attitude
- Demonstrated self-starter, creative and autonomous
- Very good organisation and coordination skills
- Flexible and agile, with ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage large-scale, complex projects with discipline and precision
- Ability to demonstrate effective intercultural awareness
- Readiness to travel internationnaly if required ( mainly in Luxembourg/The Hague or in the US)
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
- Minimum of 5-6 years of professional experience in Communications – experience in an Internal Communications function is strongly valued
- Experience in working in an international business environment
- Experience in the creation of compelling and inspiring audio-visual content
- Expertise in working with Microsoft suite, knowledge of photo/video editing software and web tools, and experience with company Intranets and
- Enterprise Social Collaboration platforms is strongly valued
Note to applicants:
- The position is located in Luxembourg. The Hague, Netherlands is however also a possible location for the role - please be informed that in such case the succesful candidate should have the flexibility to spend an induction period of up to 6 months in SES’s Luxembourg headquarters.
- We will only consider applications including a CV and a Cover Letter in English
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.