FANUC is the world leading provider of factory automation. Our machine range includes a number of Robots, Cutting, Drilling, and Injection moulding machines, Laser, motors and control systems used in automation.
At FANUC Europe Corporation; the European Headquarter in Luxembourg, our 200 employees provide a full range of services to more than 15 European subsidiaries. This includes European Sales and Service, Product Support, Supply Chain, Parts and Repairs, as well as Marketing, Human Resources, IT and Administrative Support.
With over 20 different nationalities represented in Luxembourg, we look forward to having more ambitious, team spirited people joining us - people who like to work independently and speak their mind, seeking to continuously improve and maintain our healthy, professional and friendly workplace.
Do you want to join our procurement department in Supply Chain for an internship? Check out this opportunity below.
As an intern in our Material Management department, responsible for analysis, forecasting and procurement of parts and machines on a European level, your main area of responsibility will involve:
- Managing Supplier Information and details
- Consolidation matrix with contracts details
- Working on the Supplier selection process
- Review the current approval / request process of locally produced parts and create a wiki page for European subsidiaries
- Create a library about local (non-Fanuc) items, requirements and details
- Process Documentation to ensure easy usage and quality of process
- Research and review Quality Standards in different industrial sectors
- Review and ensure that ISO 9001 procedures are followed
- University degree in Business, Engineering, Purchasing or similar
- Previous experience and knowledge of MS Excel and Access
- Experience wits MS workflow processes or IT related experience seen as an advantage
- Understanding of purchasing related & quality related Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to analyse data and reports in order to determine acceptable results and recommendations
- Knowledge of Visio or MS PowerPoint to create process flow charts
- Previous experience or knowledge of ISO standards considered an advantage
- Flexible and resilient, able to adapt to changing priorities
- Fast learner and able to learn ‘on the job’
- Self-motivated and independent personality, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
Flexible – as soon as possible but can be adapted to the student’s need
Flexible – but preferably minimum 6 months.
Some financial compensation and benefits is offered during this period. To be discussed at interview stage.
Please note that applications that are sent electronically through our portal, and in English, will be given priority.