Nordea Asset Management (NAM) is part of the Nordea Group, the largest financial services group in Northern Europe. NAM offers investors a broad set of investment solutions, serving a wide range of clients and distributors which include banks, asset managers, independent financial advisors and insurance companies.
NAM is one of the fastest growing pan-European asset managers with presence in more than 15 geographies across Europe and beyond, a distinct Nordic culture and a multi-specialist approach.
In order to support our growing organisation, we are looking for an ambitious and driven person for a position in:
Traineeship in our Business Management Team in Luxembourg for 6-12 months starting in September/October 2017 (f/m)
The position we offer
The Business Management team consists of 8 people and is responsible for a diverse range of support activities provided to the different departments of NAM’s Institutional & Wholesale Distribution (I&WD) division. As part of your tasks, you will be in charge of:
- IWD management support, e.g. budgets, cost controlling, meetings etc.
- Management reporting and client insights
- Management of transversal process- or business development-related projects
As such the tasks are wide and the successful candidate will hence get insights in various aspects of the support function of a global asset manager’s distribution machine. Consequently, the candidate shall be interested in and willing to deal with various different cultures and nationalities.
The candidate will be involved in the following recurring topics which have to be exercised with a high degree of focus and accuracy on a daily basis:
- Treatment of all marketing related invoices, credit notes and underlying agreements
- Expense coordination for Management and Sales
- General administration
- Meeting- and event organisation in Luxembourg as well as off-site
- Gathering supporting information about one of NAM’s key client segments
- Collaboration in other projects (ad hoc)
The role will consist mostly of on the job hands-on training supported daily by helpful team members and regular dialog with the head of Business Management.
The qualifications you need
- Strong ability to work in a structured way and unwavering attention to detail
- Autonomous and proactive, excellent communication skills, confident enough to reach out to senior professionals within the organisation
- Team-oriented, open-minded and flexible
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in usage of MS Office applications – Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English is a must. French, German or other European language skills are considered a plus.
You can only apply for this traineeship position if you are currently studying in the university, or you have finished your studies no more than 4 months ago. This traineeship is compensated.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application and CV in English latest on 15th October 2017 via jobs.lu.
Please note that this position might be filled before the end of the application period.