At IEE, we know all about cutting-edge sensing technology. We should, for more than 25 years, we’ve been making sensing systems for the world’s major car manufacturers. We’re headquartered in Luxembourg, but we have offices and plants in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We’re a global company with the local expertise to ensure our customers receive the support they need and we’re proud that our innovative sensing solutions enable people to lead better, safer and easier lives.
A company is only as good as its people. And, as we always want to be at the top of our game, you’ll need to be there too if you want to work with us. We are currently looking for the right person to join our IT team as a:
Senior DB2 Database Administrator (m/f)
Located in Contern* / Luxembourg
Your responsibilities would include:
- Maintaining and monitoring existing databases
- Developing standards and guidelines to rule out potential risks and DB problems
- Ensuring that all databases comply with appropriate standards, resilience, monitoring, DR plans, backup & storage capabilities, and operational readiness
- Tuning and optimization (queries, I/O)
- Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity, performance, blocking, deadlocking, replication, log, security, and other issues
- Synchronizing data over IBM CDC
- Helping to support SAP basis activities
- Installing and maintaining databases including release execution, backups, user management and migrations
- Identifying and evaluating industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for IT management
- Carrying out additional support tasks, database deployments, installations and configurations
You would need to meet the following requirements:
- A university degree in computer science, engineering or a related field with 5+ years of experience in IT
- Experience with administration of DB2 and MS SQL server
- A good knowledge of:
- distributed databases
- scripting skills (SQL, Shell)
- application servers such as Jboss, GlassFish
- DB2 backend for SAP
- Experience with the following are an advantage:
- big data (noSQL)
- reporting tools such as Jasper Report
- ESB administration
- IBM AIX
- Good analytical and teamwork skills
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written), German or French is considered an asset
Why would you want to work with us?
At IEE we’re dynamic, motivated, and solution-oriented. We're proud of our heritage but, at the same time, very focused on the future. We want to make a difference and we'll respect and value your contribution.
Joining our team means
- developing new ideas, looking at things from a different perspective and daring to change the status quo
- co-operating respectfully, honestly and truthfully
- working towards a common goal
You’d like to apply?
If you’re interested in this role, please send your application via our career page (see link in contact details above).
* As a founding member of the Luxembourg Automotive Campus, IEE will be moving its Contern operations to Bissen in 2019.