Our client is a well-established Banking institution with a global presence. In-line with continuing growth they are now looking to bolster their Compliance/Legal team by hiring a new Senior Compliance Officer
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations through the provision of regulatory advice and support;
- Assistance in developing and maintaining a risk based compliance monitoring Programme
- Update and revise the Legal & Compliance policies and procedures;
- Establish an effective compliance training Programme
- Communicating extensively with senior management, provide regulatory policy input and advice to the business on compliance issues as required;
- Provide legal advice and support in areas such as contracts, wealth management products, credit, consumer law, litigation and employment law;
- Provide representation at appropriate industry forums and trade organisations.
- Fluent in English and French
- Hold a Master's degree or LLM in Law (preferably in banking finance law);
- 5+ working years in a compliance or legal role in a financial services environment
- Money Laundering exposure is advantageous
- Knowledge of regulations such as FATCA, CRS, MiFiD II, ICAAP etc.
- Experience supervising other staff members