Greenfield is pleased to be working closely with a growing and dynamic entrepreneurial team part of a much larger insurance group operating globally. The team is currently looking for a qualified and experienced CFO
The person will be responsible for valuating financial management and financial reporting of the assigned legal entities according to Luxembourg GAAP, relevant Branch GAAP, US GAAP, Economic and Solvency II valuation principles for the companies based in Luxembourg. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong knowledge and experience in the insurance business and is a qualified & certified accountant or controller and a highly motivated individual used to working in a highly performance driven, professional and international environment.
· Responsible for the preparation of the Annual Accounts and regulatory reporting to the Board of Directors
· Oversee and manage regulatory compliance related to financial reporting
· Responsible for balance sheet management and financial planning of the entities
· Manage internal coordination with various Group and Business Functions and key stakeholders to ensure effective financial management of the entities
· Establish reliable and efficient financial reporting processes for the assigned entities and ensure operational excellence to reduce operational risk.
· Handle financial analysis to business partners and support the business in managing and achieving their financial KPIs relating to the assigned legal entities.
· Actively engage with all relevant partners in achieving strategic priorities and financial targets.
· Be the main finance contact for internal and external stakeholders, partners and auditors and act as the key contact for legal entity financial reporting matters of the assigned entities.
· Enforce compliance so financial reporting risk is appropriately and effectively managed.
· Manage a small dedicated team to support you in this role.
· Strong knowledge and experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance business
· Qualified & certified accountant / controller or have an equivalent education (BA, MA) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a group accounting/audit
· Proven history of strong accounting knowledge of LUX GAAP and US GAAP reporting standards, general strong experience in USGAAP/Lux GAAP/IFRS and economic valuation desirable
· Very strong analytical skills and holistic approach and ability to work with complex details
· Ability to work in a target driven environment, under tight deadlines and on your own initiative
· Strong leadership and people management capabilities and experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Very good decision making, execution and problem-solving skills
· Excellent command of the English language with French language skills a benefit
· Project experience desirable
If you are interested in this position, or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please forward your CV in English to Muriel Newton Greenfield is a Luxembourg recruitment agency specializing in the Accounting & Controlling, Operational Finance & Banking, Legal and Human Resources sectors. Offering superior results through its modular approach, Greenfield makes the recruitment process faster and easier.