Transportation Procurement at Amazon Europe is all about creating and adding value through great category management, leadership, sourcing activities and supplier management. Our team looks after suppliers across a full range of transportation sub-categories - including postal services, express deliveries and 3PL (FTL, LTL, Groupage). 2017/18 will be an exciting year for us with new team members, a refreshed strategy and functional development plan and some big opportunities to make a significant contribution to the success of our business.
Purpose of Job
- Member of the transportation procurement management team with direct commercial responsibility for a share of the 3rd party Transportation and Logistics spend across Amazon Europe, specifically our International (Express) Carriers
- Lead by example as a key driver of change thinking and project execution, working closely with stakeholders to secure value and advantage for Amazon Europe together with our key suppliers.
- Contribute to the development of the team for the international Carriers.
- Develop an aligned strategy including initiatives to establish new and innovative services, drive performance and speed improvements and secure capacity for growth. Engage stakeholders to ensure the supply base meets Amazon’s business needs in all areas and is prepared for future requirements.
- Establish Carrier Performance Management, define evaluations and classifications, drive towards long-term strategic partnerships with high performing Carriers
- Identify and implement significant bottom-line cost savings.
- Introduce company-wide best-practice processes to drive maximum value from operational budgets and the supply base.
- Establish alternative specifications, supply options and innovation across the services covered whilst protecting Amazon Europe from risk exposure and establishing a sustainable supply chain.
- Make sure the Group scale is leveraged, aggregating all volumes across functions/business units, rationalising the supply base, moving to more standard specifications across the addressable spend.
Nature & Scope of the Job
- Oversee the development and adoption of key processes and ways of working for the procurement function.
- Accountable for creating and achieving through the team cost savings, cash flow improvements, capacity security, service performance and quality targets.
- Establish credibility among the various stakeholder communities
- Develop strategies across portfolio and drive positive business impact in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Drive innovation and champion value-engineering
- Deliver measurable financial and non-financial benefits to the business.
- Educated to degree standard and qualified by Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply, or to an equivalent level.
- Possess solid experience within a management level Procurement role with cross-category expertise ideally within either Distribution / Logistics / Services or Direct Strategic Materials.
- Experience of people management with a proven track record for people development. Must have demonstrable leadership capability in particular leading through teams.
- Experience of managing large, complex cross-functional change projects.
- Strong change management and implementation experience.
- Excellent negotiation skills with detailed knowledge of contract law, influencing and communication skills are essential.
Broad experience in fact-based negotiations, incl. target costing, clean-sheet cost modelling, negotiation game planning/structured negotiations, ...
- Track record of delivering sustainable and consistent cost saving projects.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of engaging key stakeholders in procurement strategy development and implementation.
- Flexibility in influencing skills/styles at all levels of the business.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic change in a procurement management role.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proven track record of extracting innovation from the supply base and implementation thereof in the organization.
- Be a dynamic self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, flexible and motivated to succeed in a challenging environment.
- Fluency in German
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider