Our client, an establish bank in Luxembourg, is looking for an experienced Finance Head to lead a small team and be responsible for all the finance activities of the company. The office is medium size and has an honest, collaborative working environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be responsible for all of the Accounting activities and Financial planning for the office
- Work with the Head of the Department to develop the company’s financial strategy
- Produce financial reports, oversee cash flows and provide reporting to Board
- Liaison with auditors, and the local regulators as and when required
- Management of a team – workload planning and review, training, development and appraisals, you will also oversee the;
- Preparation of annual financial statements, in accordance with IFRS, LUX GAAP and FinRep
- Manage monthly cash flow and supplier invoicing and payments
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns, in accordance with Luxembourg rules and regulations
- Oversee reporting to the local regulators (CSSF & BCL) and tax reporting
- Carry out process reviews and where possible improve process and reduce costs
- Participate in a number of investment committees
- Take ownership of all projects relating to the finance team
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are in order and kept up to date
The successful candidate will requirement:
- University degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar finance role, with at least 5 years in Luxembourg
- Strong team management experience /skills is a must
- Excellent knowledge of Bank Accounting, LUXGAAP, IFRS, BASEL III & FinRep, Liquidity and Credit Risk
- A strong understanding of Luxembourg reporting and regulatory requirements
- Fluent written and spoken English, plus fluent French
- Ability to act autonomously and liaise at all levels
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply ASAP, as this will be a unique opportunity, working for a company that promotes a good work life balance and has a close-knit team environment.
All applications are handled in the strictest confidence, and your data is never shared with any third party without your express consent.
EuroLux Consulting has been successfully introducing professionals to prestigious employers in the Luxembourg financial services market for over 9 years. Together, our Consultants have over 20 years of experience in the Luxembourg market, and we pride ourselves on our personal honest approach.
We are dedicated to providing an accurate and professional service, working hard to provide you, the job seeker, with the right opportunities within the best companies in Luxembourg.
Please send CVs in English. If you match the required skill sets, we will contact you to discuss the position in detail.
If you are interested in similar positions, but your skills do not quite match the requirements above, please review our website for a selection of alternative suitable opportunities at www.euroluxconsulting.com and register with us. Alternatively, please contact us on +44 207 871 9021 for a more informal conversation, as we are available to discuss your career aspirations at any time.
IFRS, Lux GAAP, US GAAP, UK GAAP, financial accounting, management accounting, trust accounting, accountant, fund accounting, transfer pricing, financial reporting, corporate accounting, ICAAP, FINREP, COREP, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, Lawyer, legal, jurist, juriste, list IV, list I, avocat à la cour, bar qualified, company secretary, corporate manager, trust officer, compliance, fund compliance, AML, KYC, CTF, risk, control, audit, consulting, oversight, depositary, quality assurance, UCITS, RAIF, AIF, AIFMD, SIF, SICAR, SICAF, SICAV, FCP, SCS, SCSP, UCI, real estate, debt, private equity, securitisation, securitization, Pooled, project manager, programme manager, program manager, Six sigma, PMI, business analyst, testing, STP, migration, on-boarding, integration, change management, transfer agency, dealing, registration, remediation, shareholder services, investor relations, investor services, client services, client relationship management, business development, product development, sales, HR, training, asset manager, financial services, fiduciary, fiduciaire, Big 4