(Senior) Fund Accountant – Top Asset Manager
Purpose of the role
The Asset Manager is committed to providing a high standard of work and business support from its Luxembourg base. The primary purpose of this role is to:
· Coordinate the review of the work of the outsourced service provider on all holding companies (>30 companies) and all funds (about 7);
· Assist on the various rebalancing exercises between the GIF and SITE funds, as well as equalisation between GIF partnerships;
· Lead discussions with the outsourced service provider on accounting treatment;
· Liaise with the external auditors around the year-end accounts;
· Take responsibility for asset distributions, liaising with all stakeholders including directors, investors and asset companies;
· Get involved in responding to client queries and delivering bespoke investor reporting;
· Review, improve and monitor a comprehensive system of internal controls for the European team;
· Actively support the investment team on any transactions & structuring within the European assets;
· Lead the periodic review of the overall structure in place to ensure its integrity and efficiency;
· Work closely with tax service providers to review international tax compliance;
· Work on implementing cashflow forecasting within the structure to ensure the best returns to investors;
· Liaise with head office corporate finance for management fees and fee recovery;
· Assist in building a highly performing team which consistently delivers against both the Investment Finance (IF) objectives
Main focus areas
· Participate in the continuous development and improvement of business processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective management of processes, operational risk and key clients (both internal and external).
· Contribute to decisions and judgements about important and or complex business issues.
· Provide input and support to Finance Manager in managing all accounting functions including transaction support, routine reporting and input into statutory, compliance and tax reporting;
Fulfil the following key responsibilities:
· Provide instructions to third party service providers and review their output to ensure satisfactory business outcomes;
· Review of monthly reporting from third party service providers;
· Liaise with rest of the team to ensure full information on co-investment assets;
· Liaise with and support the tax department around tax compliance and reporting;
· Preparation of accurate and timely management and performance fee calculations;
· Preparation of routine (static) reporting to include monthly and quarterly requirements, year-end reporting including first draft financial statements and other tax and regulatory reporting.
· Contribute to working group as required including:
· Acquisition and disposal of assets
· Participate in establishing and fostering a culture of team spirit, co-operation and continuous self-development.
· Work within virtual team, able to switch focus and priorities as workload demands.
· Contribute to growing skills within the team via on the job training and knowledge transfer as part of succession planning framework.
· Experience in funds management industry with a specific focus on various Luxembourg vehicles such as SICAV-SIF
· Experience in Luxembourg tax structuring & compliance is a plus
· Strong process and control focus;
· Understanding of Alternative structures;
· Strong Excel skills;
· Attention to detail & quality focus;
· Ability to take initiative and work largely unsupervised;