If you would like to join a young and dynamic company where you will have room to evolve, express your entrepreneurship and really make a difference have a look at this interesting opening:
The Chief Internal Auditor’s main role is the independent and permanent critical assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the central administration, internal governance and business and risk management of the firm. This further includes assisting the Board of Directors and Authorised Management to best control their activities and the aforementioned risks to protect the organization and its associated reputation. He/she will report to the Authorized Management of the Bank. This position is also reporting to the Group Internal Audit Head.
The Chief of Internal Audit, as head of the Internal Audit function and in line with the Internal Audit Charter, assists the Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, the effectiveness of internal control system including the internal audit activities and the interaction with the External Auditors of the bank.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the Audit function within the Bank : design and implementation of an appropriate internal audit framework, audit plan, as well as processes, methodology and budget;
- Assist the Board of Directors and Authorized Management in the performance and risk assessment of the entity;
- Provide advice and recommendations to Senior Management Team and staff members regarding internal audit requirements;
- Elaborate, share and maintain the Internal Audit Charter;
- Ensure that the department applies the international standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors or equal international standards independently and objectively;
- Help the Bank to reach its objectives and assess whether the central administration and internal governance arrangements are adequate and operate effectively, especially evaluating inter alia:
- Monitoring of compliance with the laws, regulations and prudential requirements imposed by the CSSF;
- Internal control’s efficiency, effectiveness and adequacy of the administrative, accounting and IT organization;
- Safeguarding of the assets and adequacy of the segregation of duties and execution of transactions;
- Accurate and complete registration of the transactions and the provision of accurate, complete, relevant and understandable information available without delay to the responsible persons;
- Implementation of the decisions taken by the Authorized Management and by the persons acting by delegation and under its responsibility. This includes compliance with the procedures governing the adequacy risk management framework;
- Operation and effectiveness of the compliance and risk control functions.
- Prepare internal audit report with audit results for auditees, Senior Management and Board.
- Ensure coordination with external auditors and other units regarding the audit annual cycle;
- Establish 3 year Internal Audit plan and ensure its proper execution;
- Ensure the follow-up of the measures taken by the Authorised Management and auditees regarding the implementation of recommendations issued by the Internal Audit function;
- Lead ad-hoc investigations when requested by the Audit Committee or other committees;
- Interact with Audit Committee: attend, when required, the meetings of the Audit Committee, be responsible for reporting significant risk exposures and control issues identified, including fraud risks, governance issues, and other matters needed or requested by the Audit Committee;
Master’s degree in Business or Accounting, ideally with a “Certified Internal Auditor” or “Chartered Accountant” qualification, or equivalent qualification as professional internal auditor;
Experience minimum 8 years in a similar position in a dynamic environment and knowledge in the field of audit for Banking and Online Financial Services;
Capability to evolve and actively interact in a fast-paced organization to the highest results with a focused and pragmatic approach to the business;
Fluency in English and French is mandatory – Luxembourgish and/or Portuguese will be an asset;
Ability to highlight issues and to propose relevant and efficient solutions to solve problems;
An autonomous, pragmatic and hands-on person driven by rigor and intellectual curiosity.
Very good analytical and organizational skills
Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please send us your CV via the application button below. All applications will be treated confidentially.