Being responsible for the maintenance, installation and administration of MS SQL Server clusters as team member of the Technical Application Support team in Luxembourg. The position holder will be also in charge of: performance tuning, trouble shooting, query tuning and performance monitoring, documenting design and builds, implementing data-tier standardization, planning software installation.
The position holder will be accountable for the accomplishment of following tasks & responsibilities:
- Administration of databases, which includes planning, installing and configuring of database server(s) and clustered MS-SQL platform(s)
- Implementation of database changes for external and hosted Customers
- Trend analysis reporting and resource management
- Problem Solving
- Creating and overseeing implementation of database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases
- Providing technical consultancy and assist and advise external customers on technical issues related to MS-SQL databases as the backend of software products build by CSS
- Validating database requirements and perform database upgrades
- Maintaining professional knowledge
- Training and analysis
- Assisting and providing technical information to other teams (sales; development; TCS)
- Building a bridge development and technical teams on technical issues related to MS-SQL DB environments
Knowledge, competencies & skills
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role ideally within the air cargo industry
- Preferably with MCSA (SQL Server 2012/2014)/ MCITP (Database Administrator 2008) certification
- Deep knowledge and experience in SQL/T-SQL, procedures and functions
- Proven experience with and knowledge of MS-SQL Failover Clustering (implementing multiple clustered database instances)
- Being familiar with best practice implementations such as SQL/DNS aliasing, management data warehousing, automated scripting, and job automation, SQL Server performance tuning and storage backend technologies
- Proven experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 installations and performance tuning
- Deep experience in active directory topologies
- Exposure to Oracle 11g and LINUX is an advantage
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment; handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously in order to accomplish desired results
- Flexible, dynamic and creative
- A hands-on problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Clearly client-oriented with a strong focus on quality and efficiency
- Well established organization, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Open-minded team player who provides creative, efficient and pragmatic solutions for given issues
- Able to work autonomously whilst being flexible with regards to working hours
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory; French, German and other languages will be an asset.
We reserve the right to ask for a criminal record.
What can we offer?
You will be working for a worldwide leading Company in a dynamic and challenging international environment servicing the Air Transport Industry. You will benefit from the company continuous investment in staff, product technologies. Your career evolution will be driven by your performance and the Company's expansion.
If you are interested, please provide your CV to jobs@champ@aero