Our client, a global bank, is looking for an experienced individual for the position of Chief Compliance Officer. You will have been performing a similar role for 5+ years in Luxembourg.
Our client offers you the opportunity to join a growing company with a global footprint. Their target clients are large corporates and institutions across the world, including banks and other financial institutions.
- As part of the Executive Committee, you will represent the bank externally, whilst focusing on ensuring the bank adheres to corporate policies and the Luxembourg legal framework
- You will oversee compliance policies in conjunction with legal and risk colleagues
- Analyse the ‘status quo’, review current policies and procedures and make recommendations
- Develop and grow a strong relationship with the CSSF (and other regulatory authorities), follow their requirements and recommendations and validate progress accordingly
- Oversee a team of compliance professionals, providing guidance and leadership, career progression and direction as required
- Take an oversight function on anti-money laundering activities and ‘at risk’ areas, ensuring compliance to the necessary anti-money laundering policies
- Take an advisory role and work with the business in relation to business activities and their potential impact from a compliance perspective
- University Degree in a business related subject
- Fluent English language skills
- 15+ years of experience within the compliance field is required - minimum of 5 years of experience within corporate banking (ie not only private banking or investment funds)
- Professional compliance certification is preferred
- Clear knowledge of relevant market regulations
- A current strong relationship with the CSSF is an advantage
- People management skills with the ability to negotiate and persuade
- Knowledge of risk management practices is preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply ASAP as this will be a popular job opportunity. Similar opportunities within the corporate banking environment are not common, so take action !
All applications are handled in the strictest confidence, and your data is never shared with any third party without your express consent.
EuroLux Consulting has been successfully introducing professionals to prestigious employers in the Luxembourg financial services market for over 9 years. Together, our Consultants have over 20 years of experience in the Luxembourg market, and we pride ourselves on our personal honest approach. We are dedicated to providing an accurate and professional service, working hard to provide you, the job seeker, with the right opportunities within the best companies in Luxembourg.
Please send CVs in English. If you match the required skill sets, we will contact you to discuss the position in detail.
If you are interested in similar positions, but your skills do not quite match the requirements above, please review our website for a selection of alternative suitable opportunities at www.euroluxconsulting.com and register with us. Alternatively, please contact us on +44 207 871 9021 for a more informal conversation, as we are available to discuss your career aspirations at any time.
IFRS, Lux GAAP, US GAAP, UK GAAP, financial accounting, management accounting, trust accounting, accountant, fund accounting, transfer pricing, financial reporting, corporate accounting, ICAAP, FINREP, COREP, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, Lawyer, legal, jurist, juriste, list IV, list I, avocat à la cour, bar qualified, company secretary, corporate manager, trust officer, compliance, fund compliance, AML, KYC, CTF, risk, control, audit, consulting, oversight, depositary, quality assurance, UCITS, RAIF, AIF, AIFMD, SIF, SICAR, SICAF, SICAV, FCP, SCS, SCSP, UCI, real estate, debt, private equity, securitisation, securitization, Pooled, project manager, programme manager, program manager, Six sigma, PMI, business analyst, testing, STP, migration, on-boarding, integration, change management, transfer agency, dealing, registration, remediation, shareholder services, investor relations, investor services, client services, client relationship management, business development, product development, sales, HR, training, asset manager, financial services, fiduciary, fiduciaire, Big 4