To accompany our expansion, we are looking to recruit a Product Engineer - Fan Design Ref: HTH_37, Who will be responsible for designing and developing the fan blade geometry, working with the motor supplier and internal resources to optimize the airflow deliver system solution, which can meet the customer expectation on vehicle at all driving conditions.
- Analysing and determining the specific load points for the fan blade geometry
- Modeling and optimizing fan blade geometry to meet customer airflow targets
- Modeling and optimizing noise models through testing and Simulation (i.e. FFT, BEM, FEM)
- Coordinating and leading CAE activity to improve fan design for airflow and noise.
- Conducting experimental methods, instrumentation, and data analysis for noise characteristics
- Analysing the structural analysis, vibration, FEM for stress/detection, LCF, HCF, Fracture Mechanics and/or Kinematics
- Leading Technical Projects for all MFS components
- Managing sub-suppliers in order to achieve Quality and timing targets
- Defining suitable solutions and estimate cost and timescales
Profile and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fan or impeller design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical and/or Aerodynamics Engineering
- Aerodynamics and aeroacoustics specially for Fan design
- CFD analysis experience for Axial Flow development
- Experience with Noise modeling FFT, FEM BEM
- Experienced in electronic controller (LIN, PWM, etc)
Skills and abilities
- Good knowledge of Engine Cooling systems - Brushed and Brushless technology Experience with reliability engineering (Weibull++, ReliaSoft, Black Belt)
- Good level in IT, especially about systems in development, testing and simulations.
- Good communication and organization skills required
- Fluent English, German would be considered as an asset
- Mechanical design, structures, prototyping and fabrication is a plus
Willing to travel internationally We offer great career progression opportunities and competitive packages. Should you be interested please send your CV, quoting the reference of the advertisement.