CLdN is a Luxembourg based group that operates a number of companies mainly active in the maritime sector including dry bulk shipping (deep sea) and Roro shipping (short sea), terminals as well as trailers and containers. For several years, CLdN has been diversifying its activities in other areas such as energy, real estate and investment in key sectors.
In order to cope with the further growth of the organisation, CLdN wants to strengthen the Group Management Team with a ‘Head of HR’. Reporting to the Senior Management, the ‘Head of HR’ will be located in the headquarter in Luxembourg. Being fully operational in the headquarter and managing directly a team of 2 people, the ‘Head of HR’ will also overview all aspects of Human Resources on a group level and coordinate indirectly a team of approximately 10 people.
The Head of HR will be responsible for the HR department as follows:
- Set up and implement the Group HR policies in close collaboration with the Senior Management;
- Organizational Development: support and work with business teams and functions to understand current and future business goals and trends that may impact work force needs and initiative. Support managers with regards to translating business needs into resources.
- Employee Relations: Confidently consults and advises managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager/employee issues, policies & procedures, misconduct, investigations, terminations, reorganizations.
- Provide legal advices on the daily activities based on the local labour law/regulation. Modifying HR-related policies and procedures, which should comply with local law and be in line with market practices
- Coordinate the recruitment process in coordination with the department heads and the General Management for the Luxembourg office and abroad;
- Supervise all HR matters for the offices in Europe & Singapore;
- Coordinate the Compensation & Benefits processes: advise and support managers on local and global Compensation & Benefits initiatives. Coordinate the payroll processes;
- Review and update HR concepts, procedures and policies ;
- Provide regular metrics and report to the Senior Management and the finance department;
- … .
- University degree;
- Relevant experience (10 years) in an international HR position with several years in an HR management role within the logistic sector;
- Comfortable with common HR practices and processes;
- Solid knowledge of the social security system, labour law and payroll administration in Luxembourg and UK (other countries such as Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, are considered as an advantage;);
- Solid knowledge of payroll administration and familiarity with specific tax issues;
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Fluency in English is mandatory, French and Dutch will be considered as an advantage;
- You have excellent leadership and communication skills and an ability to foster the group spirit and corporate identity;
- You have a strong aptitude in problem-solving and able to work autonomously;
- You have a proven ability to operate globally and collaborate with diverse business in a rapidly changing environment where analytical skills and agility are important;
- You are pragmatic, results driven and service oriented;
- You are willing to travel on a frequent basis.
CLdN offers a permanent contract in a dynamic and international company.
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of application via jobs.lu with reference “Head of HR”.